Saturday 25 April 2015

Inspiration

Apparently, I've been spending way more time on Youtube than earlier, and I've discovered a ton of new things.
Youtube has redefined inspiration for me. I realized that there are a hell lot of people in world with totally different lives and the ways in which they've coped with reality amuses me more than anything else.

I watched Lizzie Velasquez who's got a syndrome which doesn't let her gain any weight. She was titled the world's most ugliest woman, by youtubers. She was bullied, isolated, laughed at, but none of that stopped her from being successful in life. Today, she is one of the most famous motivational speaker, and the author of three books.

Have you heard about living dolls? I hadn't, until an hour ago. I watched this 40 minute long TLC Documentary about three living dolls, and was awed. It was rather strange to know that people like to live like dolls. Dress like them, look like them, behave like them.. all round the clock. One of them was discouraged by her family and friends and yet she overcame it. According to her, living in the fantasy world helps her like herself better. It makes her feel more confident, rather than embarrassed. To be honest, I don't really understand how walking down a busy street in a long maroon wig, big dark eyelashes and 18th century gowns makes one feel much more confident, but what matters is that she does what she wants in spite of all the hate she is exposed to. 

Leave alone dressing, they undergo dangerous surgeries to look more like a doll. Trust me, google Justin the Living Doll, and I'm gonna have to remind you to shut your open jaws! 

Something similar, a woman wants to have the world's smallest waist. She wore corsets everyday for three whole years, even during the night and now her waist is like, really really tiny. The corset has like, become a part of her body. She can't even manage to stand straight without the corset. And obviously her organs are crushed and that has bad effects on her health. She has breathing problems and she can't eat much for a meal. She has to take ten small meals for a day. Not to be rude or anything, I do not consider it to be beautiful. It's rather painful to look at that small waist of hers. But I respect her choice. At least she chose to do something unique in her life, unlike me, just another girl sitting on the other side of the computer screen.

So, when I write about all these people with the heading 'Inspiration', please don't mistake that I wanna do something like be a living doll, or get into the Guinness book of records. All I'm trying to emphasize on, is that, they really crossed all the barriers and did what they love. They chose their passion. They dreamt, and they made their dreams come true.

10 comments:

  1. Keep writing and Keep sharing your thoughts. All the Best. Waiting for your new POST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder when do you get time for so much imagination and perspiration to write such long blogs at the total crises of studies

      Delete
    2. @blank Well I spend very less time studying actually, partially because I do manage 90+... Maybe I'll have to put more effort into it this year, though. :(

      Delete
    3. Its actually Blain.not Blank..XD ..And hey , Who knows ..Maybe you could be a Journalist or a Great Author in the future ..atleast I would remember I once chatted with that great person in childhood

      Delete
    4. Oh lol I'm so sorry Blain! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are trying to emphasis on the need for the people to get more realistic in the cause of stimulation for people to continue their pursue for what they want if i am right. Well , i would like to counter- opinion ...dont get me wrong , just to make things interesting. Ok? Yeah, so here it goes ..When you emphasized on "they really crossed all the barriers and did what they love. They chose their passion. They dreamt, and they made their dreams come true." ..Its actually quite unauthentic to say that ...Because its not ubiquitous in every scenario , take for instance that women which was entitled inappropriately as the ugliest ..I would be realistic , and say it was her fault after all. Its obviously not good to eat that much which could undermine someones health. Take another example ,..like a person on drugs or maybe the tattoos all over his body..they get the Guinees reward just to make a remembrance that there were certain dumb people who went too far with their dumb habits. So shouldn't the conclusion be " See kids ..that particular person did something which had lead to her current state. Dont do it otherwise you would be like him/her.." ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, I highly appreciate that you spent your valuable time on reading my post and expressing your opinion...
      Not to be offensive but to be honest, your way of thinking has more than surprised me. About Lizzie (who was titled the ugliest), it wasn't her fault at all. She was born with a syndrome that doesn't allow her to grow fat., and I guess I did mention that.
      About tattoos and other stuff, people have their own different opinions. If my parents told me to quit blogging and writing just because it's going to be a hindrance to my acadamics, it's not fair. Similarly, a person who gets tattoos done loves to have them. Not really a good comparison, but you get my point. When it does no harm, why not?

      And moreover the essence of it all is something apart from all this. It's about pursuing your passion, which you did mention in the beginning of your comment.

      P.S. Thanks :) I really really appreciate it :)

      Delete
    2. Haha...Actually I can still counter-opinion for what you said here....um..But nevermind..let it be


      I really really appreciate you blogging on such wonderful topics ..I would say Unusual topic ..:))

      Delete

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!