Wednesday 1 April 2015

The struggle for attention.

I was just spending some time on twitter when a thought popped up in my head. Well, my brain doesn't come up with ideas very often so I decided I would share it here.

Attention, is something most of us thrive for. We just want to be noticed. We want to be heard. We always want to get what we deserve. (But most of the time, we don't even know what we deserve, right? :P)


The best example is the tweet i've chosen to post here. In this tweet, R.L.Stine, the famous author, has replied to my tweet. I probably want to gain more people's attention by showing his tweet and maybe I want to kinda show-off (not really showing-off! xD) that I got Mr. Stine's attention!

Anyway, getting back to what actually popped up into my head...
Since my twitter feed was getting a hell lotta spammed, I decided to unfollow some of the comedy accounts. I've always been this greedy person who didn't want to miss out on any of the fun online. I wanted to be updated with every new thing on here, and so, to convince myself to unfollow a few accounts, I told myself that:

If a tweet is good enough and worth seeing/reading, it will be retweeted a thousand times and finally reach me anyway!

If you're a reader of my blog, it is high time you figured out that I always compare things. So here I cmpare again... The tweets to humans.

If someone is talented enough, their work will be appreciated, talked about, advertised and circulated so much -thanks to the internet- that it will reach people who are in high designations in that field, and the person would achieve success in life. There is no point in struggling for attention.

But then again, you might argue not everyone gets an opportunity in this big bad world, and I may have to agree, but I'm just trying to put another thought of mine into words here.

P.S. One might say this is something obvious, something that everyone knows, and that I'm just making a fool out of myself blogging such a simple thing, and I totally agree with you if that's your opinion, because things obvious to one aren't always obvious to everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!