Thursday 9 April 2015

Mirrors

I was standing in the train, waiting for the station to arrive. There was a glass window opposite to me. It was way past evening and i could see two images on the glass of the window.
1. Reflection of myself and other passengers in the train.
2. Image of people in another train to the other side of the window.

My thoughts flew back to John Green's words.. how he often talked about mirrors and people not being able to show us the right reflection of ourselves. It made very little sense to me in the beginning, and it still is a little blur in my head -probably blame my age- but yet I find it pretty fascinating. 

On second thought, you can consider that glass as a person. We have two choices, either concentrate on what we see through the glass, or on our reflection on it. Similarly, we can either see through the person, i.e., judge him or her based to their behaviour towards everyone else, or see our reflection, i.e., judge him or her only based on their behaviour towards us.

I'd leave the rest of the thinking to you.

Have a wonderful day :)

3 comments:

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!