Sunday 3 May 2015

Assumptions (not really)

What kind of thoughts flash into your mind when you read the title of this post?
To me, I remember certain assumptions I made in life, or some of my friends who assume things and start worrying about them, when they're not even close to happening.

I assumed that my parents knew nothing about me. I was pretty much sure about that, actually. I thought I was extremely good at hiding emotions. I always thought I was very patient and short-tempered was a phrase that wouldn't describe me anytime in my life. But my assumptions turned out to be quite wrong. I am probably not comfortable to explain how or why in detail right now, but I had been wrong.

I'm not as patient as I think I am. I get restless very soon. But I don't really show it out. I'm stubborn. Yes, I'm quite stubborn but my school friends will never agree to it. I wonder why but I feel my true qualities are showing out <i>now</i>. By 'now', I mean in the past few weeks. A year ago, my passion for writing wasn't even half of what I've developed right now(it's less now too, though). I'm more honest with my words these days. Oh well, don't get the wrong meaning. I don't mean that I've not been honest all my life xD I mean, I've become more expressive. I don't hide many things. I just speak out casually. There's nothing on my mind which is not known to <i>anyone</i>. But well, at the same time, there is nobody who knows everything on my mind.

Is it the same with you? As far as I know, many of you have one of your parents or your siblings as your best friend and you keep them updated with every single detail in the sketch of your life. I don't treat anyone like that. I'm not sure if it's because i'm not <i>that</i> comfortable with anyone. Or maybe I don't trust anyone like that. Sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

I have no idea why I'm writing this right now. I've drifted from Assumptions to My Life, and I'd like to apologize for that.

3 comments:

  1. Keep writing.. Keep Blogging..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother makes the joke that when you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME.
    But really its no joke. In my country bigotry and racism is often based on assumptions. people say 'black kids are like this..'.. or that 'gay kids are like this..'.. or whatever. but assumptions lead to fear and/or misunderstandings.

    If we could take a minute to meet and befriend someone completely diff from us once in awhile, the world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "ASS of U and ME" sounds cool haha xD I HAVE to tell that to my friend :)

      People still say that? I thought that didn't happen much anymore :(

      hmm yeah :)

      P.S. Thanks :)

      Delete

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!