Tuesday 14 January 2014

Being happy: A choice to make?

I think the title makes it quite clear that I'm discussing something about Happiness... But wait, is happiness a choice? Can you choose to be happy?

I once heard from our History teacher, Gandhiji's words which say that nobody could ever hurt him without his very own permission! Well, if you try to analyse it, it does make sense.. Infact, a lot of sense. 

I was amazed at how happy I was this morning. It wasn't a situation in which I could be happy... I would hesitate to tell more about it, though. The only thing I can say, is that all that made me happy was thinking about the positive side of the issue. If you observe closely, everything that you consider a burden, if thought about the other way round, seems to be an asset... An asset that could give pleasure.... happiness... knowledge... or even wealth!

I must agree that I am making a mess out of these abstract issues... but hey, it is worth thinking about! Please comment!

P.S. *the usual!* I hereby declare that every word of the above discussion is solely written by me, unless source acknowledged...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!