Friday 25 September 2015

Modernize?

Transition occurs in everybody's life. Nursery to primary school, primary to elementary school, high school, college, job and so on. We meet new people. Make new friends. Go places. Everyday, we learn new things, and discover different kinds of lifestyles.

It is said that depending on time, we all change. It is believed that the influence around us, whether good or bad, drastically affects our character. And after enough time, we become a wholly different person. In fact, we all have seen this happening to many people in our lives. What they once were, and what they are now isn't even comparable. Circumstances lead us in different directions. But I believe that deep down, their true essence still exists. Or maybe just in my case.

No matter how much i try to fit in, no matter how much i try to 'modernise', as they call it, deep down, i still am that little girl. That little girl who was afraid to think of alcohol. That little girl who would almost cry when she found out that her physics book was missing. That little girl who's biggest worry was not getting an A on her test. That little girl who did not consider going to malls with her friends. That little girl who knew she wouldnt be comfortable with DJ parties. That little girl.....

I definitely relate to their lives and take part in their conversations but deep down, I know I don't really fit in. But isn't that life all about? Will we ever find a place where we totally fit in? A part of me fits on wattpad. A part of me fits at college. A part of me fits somewhere in Toronto, Canada. But wholly, I don't fit in anywhere. Maybe life would be less interesting if I did! 

2 comments:

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!