Saturday 22 August 2015

The greatest battle

The greatest battle, is between what you know, what you want and what you feel. Often you find yourself unable to accept facts that you know are true. The fantasy dissolves you. It doesn't let you believe in reality. Because reality sucks. Atleast that's what we all think.

One reason why we fail to reach our goals, is this. We know what we have to do, but we want to do, is entirely different. I know I have to study chemistry, but I just want to get lost in those amazing videos I just found on a Youtube channel. I know I have to solve the math homework on my own, but I still glance at the solutions because I want to finish it quickly and write a post on my blog. I know chatting with my friends on Facebook will get me nowhere, but I want to hear their stories. It's all about 'want to's taking over our 'have to's. 

And when it comes to what you feel taking over what you know, it gets worse. I know that talking to that person would get me in trouble, but I feel that he's a good human being. I know that he/she has made a mistake, but I feel he/she had a genuine reason for doing so. Or, you know that he/she doesn't like you, but you feel that there is a chance for them to. And all this leads to nothing but overthinking, and in the long run, just regrets. 

And every moment of our life, all of us are constantly drawing thick lines separating our WANTs and HAVE TOs but somehow the line gets smudged. The longer it stays untouched, the stabler is your mind. What about mine, you ask? It probably stays for a nanosecond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!