Thursday 4 June 2015

The river

I averted my gaze to the river outside the train window as I sensed that we were on a bridge. It had somehow managed to distract me from the book I was reading on Wattpad.

At first I looked far off, where the water meet the sky and was amazed by its beauty. As I looked further close I observed a lot of artificial features. Something brown was floating on the water and all the grass was topped with plastic items. I wondered if I had the right to blame the people around, for what they do isn't any different from what people at my place do. I mean, we don't make sure that the drainage that leaves our house is treated. It might be going into a nearby lake and we'd have no idea whilst boating in the same lake.

And when we bring up issues like these while talking to others, they say "It's India... You can't expect better." Isn't there anything we can do to bring a change in this attitude? I'd agree the prime minister has taken some measures and that's really cool and everything, but not many people actually care.

All I can do right now is hope, that the next time I come this way, maybe Krishna river will actually regain its natural beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!