Friday 1 July 2016

My Graduation Speech

I remember that morning, when we all filled into this hall two years ago, with curious faces contemplating whether we made the right choice joining here. And I'm glad to say that sure, we did. On this wonderful morning, we are all here on the occasion of our graduation and I would like to spend a couple of minutes--not more--sharing my thoughts.

When I think of our batch, I don't think of any one person. I think of a community of students and teachers, a family. A few days ago, I stood on the dais speaking to you all about fear, and it was amazing to see how encouraging some of you were. It gave me so much confidence. We all got an opportunity to develop our speaking skills, life skills and literary skills from our college. I am really grateful for that.

Deeksha has been more of a school than college, in almost all matters. We always got the same care and advice from our teachers here as we did at school. The way of learning and the weekly tests made it a whole lot different experience from school but that worked out in the end, for most of us. The canteen in the first floor used to be very small but the memories we've got from it are invaluable. And might I add, it had one of the best Gobi Manchurian I've ever tested! We do have a smaller infrastructure compared to other colleges, but if anything it only helped us build stronger friendships and meet our friends more often, much to the annoyance of our teachers.

I-Cube gave us a good opportunity to make new friends and discover out talents. I didn't really know I was okay at drawing until I managed to make some beautiful logos on the badges and some cute invitation cards.

I'm pretty sure most of us have changed, atleast a bit, in the last two years. I was an overthinking and stressed person at school. I always overanalysed situations and constantly struggled for perfection. As ironic as it may sounds, here I've learnt to take things lightly and only concentrate on my efforts rather than worry about the final result. The environemnt at school was much different from here and so were the type of friends' circle I was into. I met people who face way more problems than I could ever imagine and their struggles have been such an inspirtation. To be very honest, I learnt to love myself only in the last two years. I learnt that it is okay to let go of your principles at times, to relax and accept whatever comes your way.

In a couple of months, all of us will be busy with our future plans, with college and everything. No matter how reputed the college we get into is, we would always look back to the experince we had here because we aren't probably going to matter to those universities as much as we did to this institution.

I know I wouldn't miss you all because in today's techie world, we can kepp in touch everyday and I'm sure we would.
This is Sai Meghana, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!