Thursday 3 March 2016

Faith

Every time I go to a temple I simply join my hands and say quietly, "Please let all my wishes come true." Because that is something we all have been taught to do. But do I actually pray wholeheartedly? I don't think so. I don't believe that what I say to a stone would affect my future. I don't believe that anything other than my own actions could affect my life. But yet, I say those seven words. Blindly. Why?
Maybe I fear that not saying them is a bad omen. But then, what are omens? And do I believe in them? Again, the answer is no.

It's all about belief, it's all about faith. Millions of people believe in prayers. And no matter how pointless it may sound to me, I'd still nod when they talk about it. There isn't probably any such thing as god, but convincing one self that there is someone who's watching, someone who would always be there to help, drives one through life.

But in times of despair, leaving everything to god and waiting for miracles to happen is utter stupidity. And if one thinks that working hard even after praying God contradicts the existence if God, then so be it. It's better to believe in working hard + no prayers rather than not working + prayers. And if you're the type of person who believes in working hard + prayers, that's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment would sure make my day! :) Thank you!

P.S. You may choose ANONYMOUS in the dropdown list if you donot have a google account. or find it time consuming to sign in!